Zakho technical collage of petroleum and Minerals Science TCPM has been established in 2016-2017 as a first college offers a technical BSc degree in petroleum and minerals Science as a part of Dohuk Polytechnic University. The first opened department was the Petroleum Geology, where the second Geophysics department to be established soon.
The Technical College of Petroleum and Minerals is looking forward to be a pioneer in Petroleum geosciences and their applications in Kurdistan Region-Iraq. It is committed to play a role in the development of the knowledge community and contributes to the national needs. The collage strives to maintain an environment which encourages all employees to achieve their personal and professional goals and aspirations.
The collage of Petroleum and Minerals (TCPM) is dedicated to the development, communication and application of knowledge in Petroleum and Minerals science. Its mission is to providing the highest quality undergraduate and graduate programs is in inseparable from its mission of developing new understandings through research and creativity. It prepares students to assume roles in leadership, responsibility and service to society.
The objectives of the TCPM and its academic policies are devoted to:
- Meet the society needs of specialists in the various fields of Petroleum and Minerals and earth sciences in addition to provide professionals that contribute in rising of the living standard and the economy.
- Develop and support research in the field of Petroleum and Minerals and geological studies that contribute to knowledge enrichment and achievement of national developmental goals and exploitation of its natural resources on scientific basis.
- Contribute in the consultancy committees in and out of the University for the benefit of our country.
- Play a leading role in building a knowledge society about the Petroleum, Minerals and earth sciences, especially in concern with the preservation of the environment and natural resources (oil, minerals, and water).
- Endeavor to collaborate with other disciplines that have state-of-the-art scientific field such environmental sciences and others.
Associate Dean of TCPM
Asst. Prof. Dr. Ammar Isam Edress