Job Opportunity with Caritas International/ Office Manager - Duhok
Office Manager-Duhok/Caritas NGo
Caritas Iraq is the Iraq Member Organisation of the International Caritas Confederation, which is a confederation of 162 Catholic relief, development and social service organisations working to build a better world, especially for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged persons, in over 200 countries and territories. Caritas works without regard to race, religion, or ethnicity, and is one of the world’s largest humanitarian networks. Caritas Iraq supports the most disadvantaged people, regardless of religion, ethnicity, or gender, to increase their coping mechanisms and resilience, and have strengthened the relations and peace in their communities and will live again a normal life with dignity. Caritas Iraq works for livelihoods restoration and creation, mental health and psychosocial support, education support, shelter repairs, and emergency relief.
- He\she is working under supervision of the executive director.
- He\she is in charge of implementing all projects in his\\her region.
- Ensuring the communication with local parties (formal, informal).
- Follow up closely implementing all policies, procedures related to caritas Iraq.
- Keep the communication with the humanitarian organizations working in the same field and promote cooperation and collaboration with them.
- Continue communication with the general administration in Baghdad and promote a strong working relationship between suboffice staff and Baghdad staff.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of the implemented in the geographic area, ensuring good coordination with other suboffices in program implementation and compliance with all operational policies and procedures of Caritas Iraq.
- As representative of Caritas Iraq in the area, attend the relevant meetings on the work in the areas and maintain strong relationships with government officials, local Church leaders, and local community leaders.
- Continue communication with the partners and foster relationships with potential new partners according to the strategic vision of Caritas Iraq and in coordination with the Baghdad senior management.
- Manage day to day operations of the office according to institutional policies and procedures (including HR, Finance, Procurement, and Administration) in a high quality, efficient manner.
- Cultivate a practice of effective stewardship of all Caritas resources in the office, ensuring that all staff have the resources they need to do their job and that resources are managed properly and ethically.
- Proactively manage security in the area and ensure a safe working environment both in the field and in the office, adhering to all Safety and Security protocols and the Caritas Iraq Safeguarding policy.
- Create and maintain a positive office environment where the sharing of ideas and concerns by staff is encouraged. Ensure that staff are able to report any concerns according to the Caritas Iraq relevant policies and procedures without fear of retribution and that Confidentiality is strictly protected regarding sensitive matters according to policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain a learning environment for all staff in the office, proactively managing performance in a way that encourages growth and seeks out capacity building opportunities.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of work experience in humanitarian field.
- Good experience in administrative topic.
- Experience in good relationship with other parties.
- Experience in leadership quality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Caritas' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. All activities aimed to ensuring full respect for the rights of the individual in accordance with the letter and the spirit of the relevant bodies of law, human rights law, international humanitarian law, and refugee's law.
- Deadline for applying /20 July 2021
- Employment Type/ Regular
- Job Status/Full time
*Interested applicants can send their most recent CV to [email protected]
Any email without a subject line will not be considered.