DAAD Short-Term Research International Grants in Japan
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is happy to announce Short-Term Research International Grants for the academic year 2021/2022.
This study award is open to provide financial support to foreign doctoral candidates, young academics and scientists who wish to pursue a short-term research education program in Japan. The primary aim of this grant is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programmes.
The German Academic Exchange Service DAAD is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation. The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers worldwide each year, making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2021
- University or Organization: DAAD
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral programs
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Doctoral Research degree subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be:
- Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research, or those who have already completed a PhD (postdocs).
- Doctoral candidates who are already doing their doctorate at a German university cannot apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed by post to the application address.
- Supporting Documents: You must all the following supporting documents:
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- A proposal, prepared and formulated by yourself, as well as a description of previous research work (max. 5 pages with max. 3.000 characters without spaces per page plus two pages of graphics if necessary).
- Schedule of planned research work
- Letter confirming supervision by an academic adviser in Germany, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and confirms that the host institute will provide a workplace
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of practical training/internships, etc.)
- Depending on the subject certificate of knowledge of German language (onDaF, TestDaF) or English language (IELTS or TOEFL iBT or TEM)
The successful applicants will be received all the following study benefits:
- Depending on an academic level, monthly payments of
- Euros 861.- for graduates,
- Euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover and travel allowance