Free Online Course on TOEFL® Test Preparation Course by ETSx
Educational Testing Service is offering a free online course for the TOEFL® exam preparation. This course will prepare for the TOEFL® test and improve your chance to get financial aid in American universities. You will receive valuable advice, including how to register for the test, how it is scored and how to prepare for test day.
This course will help you understand what you can do to achieve your best TOEFL test score. Instructors will guide you through each section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) and, using archived past test questions, will explain the kinds of questions you can expect. This course is self-paced.
Course At a Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Institution: Educational Testing Service
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49USD
At ETS, they advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies.
About This Course
This test preparation course, developed by the experts who create, administer and score the TOEFL test, will help English language learners improve their skills.
The TOEFL test is the world’s most trusted and widely accepted English-language assessment. It has helped millions of people achieve their dreams to study, work or live abroad. More than 10,000 institutions of higher education, government agencies, and organizations worldwide accept TOEFL scores for making important decisions.
This course is highly interactive, using videos, sample questions with explanations, short quizzes, and collaborative discussion boards. You will also have access to real test materials from past tests. During the weeks covering Speaking and Writing, all course participants can receive scores for their practice-test responses.
In addition, there will be free resources and discounted test prep offers throughout the course. Finally, you will receive valuable insider tips to help you do your best on the TOEFL test so you can apply to the university or job of your dreams.
Who takes the TOEFL test? More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency.
- Students planning to study at an institution or university
- Candidates for programmes and professional certification
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas in certain countries
- How to improve your English language skills
- How to effectively navigate the four sections of the TOEFL test: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Helpful tips to prepare you for the TOEFL test
- How the TOEFL test is scored
- How to use your TOEFL test scores for employment, study, visas, and scholarships
- Ways to manage your time during the test
- Where to find additional resources available for the TOEFL test
- How to register for the TOEFL test
- Michael W. Knab is the host of “Inside the TOEFL® Test” video series and a frequent contributor to the ETS TOEFL® blog, “Study.
- Cynthia Newman has worked in the field of English Language Learning for 30 years.
- Shawn Gorman holds a PhD in French Language and Literature from Boston University.
- Molly Palmer has worked as an Assessment Specialist in English Language Learning at ETS since 2013.
- Faye Weidner joined ETS in 2013 and has been working on the speaking section of the TOEFL® test ever since.
- Insook Chung is an Assessment Specialist in the Assessment Development Division at ETS in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Kathleen Fletcher is a TOEFL® Test Prep and Skill Building Product Manager at ETS in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Elizabeth Jenner is an Assessment Specialist in English Language Learning at ETS.
- Ashley Woodrow joined ETS in 2013 as part of the TOEFL® team.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the login button on the org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)