2020 Fully Funded 4-year PhD Positions in Economics, Czech Republic
The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education is pleased to announce a Fully-Funded 4-year PhD. Scholarships in Economics. These opportunities are open for international students to pursue a PhD degree program.
The CERGE-EI PhD. in Economics is a US-style program designed for outstanding students who desire a rigorous graduate education in Economics at a prestigious international institution.
enter for Economic Research and Graduate Education – Economics Institute is a joint workplace of Charles University and the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The mission of CERGE-EI is to build a recognized center of excellence and innovation in economics research and education.
Why at Center for Economic Research and Graduate – CERGE-EI is ranked globally in the top 4\% of economics institutions by SSRN and in the top 5\% by RePEc. For its graduate programs, CERGE-EI offers an excellent 3:1 student/faculty ratio and an individualized approach to students.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
- University or Organization: The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education
- Department: NA
- Course Level: These The studentships are available to pursue a PhD.
- Award: The studentships are fully funded.
- Access Mode: online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Czech Republic
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: These financial aid positions will be awarded in the field of Economics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Strong background in mathematics
- Sufficient proficiency in English to read, write and fully
understand PhD-level study material
- Previous education in economics is an advantage
- For BA applicants: finished BA or equivalent
- For MA applicants: finished MA or equivalent
- Applications from outstanding BA holders who wish to pursue a PhD education.
- In order to be admitted to the US PhD program, the students with only a Bachelor degree must simultaneously enroll into the Master in Economic Research program.
This is due to the Czech Higher Education Act 1998, s 48(3):
- ‘Admission to a Doctoral degree programme is conditional on the completion of studies in a Master’s degree programme,’
- Applicants with only a BA degree are therefore required to simultaneously apply for the Czech MA in Economic Research program to study for the Master in Economic Research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must need to do register through the given link: https://www.cerge-ei.cz/phd-online-application-login
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: Online Application Form Curriculum vitae, Statement of motivation, Verified copies of your Bachelor and Master diplomas and transcripts, Proof of English proficiency level, Contact details for two (or max. three) referees.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit other relevant documents that may support their application, such as additional study records, certificates, GRE, GMAT, etc. are not required for the application. However, we strongly encourage applicants to provide their score results from such exams as they may increase their chance of admission.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an offer to study at the Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education.
- Language Requirement: English
The program is an opportunity which offers a merit base stipend, Fully financed short research visits to prestigious universities worldwide, and Teaching opportunities, Teaching Fellows program.
The university will provide all the following:
• Western-style PhD program
• Integrated MA degree after the first 2 years
• Full tuition waivers and financial support
• Highly-ranked research institution (top 5? in RePeC)
• International faculty and diverse student community
• Job market preparation and rich career prospects worldwide
• Unique atmosphere of historical Prague, Czech Republic