Mission & Vision
The Directorate of Skills Development and Innovation (DSDI) is a part of the hierarchy of the research centre in the DPU. It supports Duhok Polytechnic University and its holistic vision through underpinning research skills in research conduction and publication. The DSDI focuses on providing certified short- and long-term courses, workshops, and seminars for employees, academic staff, and students for capacity building. The DSDI has units in all colleges and institutes of the DPU to facilitate the DSDI's services and work as a linkage between the DSDI and other DPU branches. Currently, Kawar Salih is the director of DSDI.
The directorate's primary missions are:
- Research skills development among staff and students.
- Research Ethics and Integrity follow-up with Researchers.
- Guiding Researchers to possible research funds.
- Providing services to quality research conduction and publication.
- Raising academic Language level (particularly, English language).
- Supporting researchers with new software and laboratory services.
The Directorate envisions collaborating with international universities to provide its services and courses online under a global umbrella.