Kawar Tahseen Salih
Architect of Sustainable Buildings and Environments
Director of Skills Development and Laboratories
- Degrees Awarded
- Published Researches
- Research Interests
- Teaching Experience
- QA and Activities
- M.Sc. Sustainable Buildings and Environments, Newcastle University, UK
- B.Sc. Architectural Engineering, University of Duhok, Iraq
- Diploma of Teaching , University of Duhok, Iraq
Salih, K. (2018). Finding Alternative Methods for Controlling the Power Shortage in Kurdistan through Improving Buildings’ Energy Performance. Academic Journal Of Nawroz University, 7(3), 259-267. doi:10.25007/ajnu.v7n3a251
Sustainable Building and Urban design, Zero Carbon Buildings, Building Performance Simulation, and Urban Performance Simulation.
- Supervision of the fifth year projects (20 projects) in the Architecture Department, Nowruz University, Iraq, 2017
- Lecturer of Descriptive Geometry module (1st year students), Architecture Department, Nowruz University, Iraq, 2017
- Lecturer of Engineering Drawing Module (1st year students) in the Architecture Department, Nowruz University, Iraq, 2017
Supervised more than 20 graduation projects of the Architecture students at the Nawroz University, Iraq.
In April 2018, Kawar participated in the international conference "Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism" that took place in the Hanze University, Netherlands with his research paper titled “Urban Block Design’s Impact on the Indoor Daylight, Heating and Cooling Loads of Buildings in the Semi-Arid Regions “
In May 2018, he participated in the international conference on “Engineering challenges in Kurdistan” took place in Nawroz University, Kurdistan Region of Iraq with the research paper titled “Finding Alternative Methods for Controlling the Power Shortage in Kurdistan through Improving Buildings’ Energy Performance”.